Are you a seasoned polygon blockchain developer looking for an opportunity to be a part of building a multinational decentralised application?
Do you Enjoy the thrill and excitement of working in an entrepreneurial start-up?
If so, then Steelo is your perfect destination!
Steelo aims to become a leading social platform connecting musicians with their fans. We aim to build a micro economy which allows musicians to tokenise their art and embrace independence.
Your focus lies in the creation & development of Steelo’s decentralised application. You will start off by taking our detailed prototype, user flow & feature list and moulding it into a viable product. Working very closely with the other founding team members, your role will be to implement the founders’ ideas into a reliable protocol as well as a web and mobile platform.
This job is currently fully remote, in which we expect you to dedicate at least 15 hours per week. Once funding is accomplished we then expect a dedicated full-time of 40 hours.
Even if you currently have a fulltime job, for now we don’t mind as long as you can assure us that your future priorities are with Steelo.
- Building, maintaining, and designing the Steelo platform on the Polygon Blockchain as well as the mobile and web Dapp.
- Creating application features and interfaces by using programming and writing multithreaded codes.
- Maintaining client and server-side applications.
- Optimising and securing blockchain applications by integrating new tools and technologies.
- Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools, features and technologies as they continually evolve.
- Applying the latest cryptology techniques to protect digital transaction data against cyberattacks and information hacks.
- Be involved in the global blockchain communitywork on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- At least two years of experience as a blockchain developer with a proven track record.
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Java and Python.
- Extensive experience in back-end development, algorithms, and data structures.
- Knowledge of cryptography and blockchain protocols.
- In depth knowledge of best practices in blockchain management and data protection.
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superb organisational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to manage a team of multidisciplinary front- and back-end programmers.
- Extensive interest and exposure to Web3, including smart contracts, NFTs, DAOs, tokens, blockchains, and crypto as a whole.
- interest within the art and content creation industry and and understanding of various types of creatives pain points.
- Negotiated percentage of equity
- Distributed mined tokens
- UK standard salary once venture funding is available (£40,000 - £200,000)
Steelo is a social media marketplace where creatives and their fans interact via the exchange of token-gated access to exclusive content-centric communities.
On the surface, Steelo presents itself as a decentralised iOS/Android/Web app (“dApp”) where peer-to-peer trading of artist-curated NFTs symbiotically coexist with a handful of powerful social features. Amongst these, user experience will be centred around: 1) an omnidirectional content feed focused on taste-making, discovery, and participation, 2) customisable profiles harmonising personalities with their communities, 3) an intuitive, accessible, and data-powered wallet, 4) a powerful content-driven and community-focused messaging system as well as 5) the marketplace which will prioritise educating young investors whilst promoting talented creatives.
Below the surface, Steelo is structured as a blockchain-enabled marketplace equipped with a range of economic incentives powerful enough to finance creator journeys whilst rewarding their support system. Built with the aim to generate tangible value for people who fuel culture, communities, and trends, Steelo’s public data (e.g., users, trades, and liquidity) will be minted on the Polygon blockchain, where it will coexist with user owned NFTs to consolidate token prices. In addition, smart contracts’ ability to automate the redistribution of transaction fees to respective token-holding communities enable us to build an eco-system where users have financial incentives to fuel the platform with content, social interactions, and liquidity.
- Critical Thinking
- Software Engineering