WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Produce testing frameworks to simulate the correctness and liveness of new consensus algorithms
- Fuzz and maintain existing Snow-Family Consensus Algorithms implemented in AvalancheGo
- Research and implement new networking protocols that can be used by AvalancheGo or Subnets
- Develop primitives to efficiently synchronize state and/or data throughout the Avalanche Network
Here are some specific examples of projects you could contribute to:
- Extend Avalanche Consensus to improve practical liveness
- Transition AvalancheGo to use QUIC instead of TCP
- Create a library that allows validators to store off-chain data with a configurable redundancy and repair data that has become under-replicated
WHAT MAKES YOU A GOOD FIT
- You believe in a future where blockchain technologies make the world a more fair and free place for everyone.
- You have the desire to work on open-source code and engage with the community. You wish to work together with other talented contributors instead of working alone.
- You are a coder. You prefer implementing a proof-of-concept before writing a multi-page technical document.
- You create and find projects that provide value. You dont need to wait for someone to tell you what to research or work on.
- You have an obsession with code quality and performance. You ship code when it is ready, not as soon as it passes unit tests.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Demonstrated capability in subject area (open source code or published work is a bonus)
- Golang or Rust programming experience
Salary Range: $190,400 to $238,000
(**This is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, a final offer amount may vary based on factors including but not limited to experience and geographic location.)
- Team Collaboration