As Office Manager, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining a pleasant and effective work environment for Krakenites on an ongoing basis, while driving the search for a new home for Kraken in London. You will have a keen interest in the crypto industry which will help you build lasting relationships with colleagues, clients and visitors who share our passion for all things crypto and our mission.
We are looking for a self-starter, who is friendly, confident, helpful, and able to anticipate potential issues and deal with them before they get out of hand. You will have good organizational skills, a hands-on attitude, an eye for detail and will be willing to take responsibility for finding solutions. You should be highly communicative, enjoy interacting with people, and ensure everyone feels comfortable and welcome in the London office.
Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to be in the office 4 days a week (Central London location), with some flexibility in terms of the office days and hours.
- Day-to-day office running, including ordering office supplies, dealing with post and deliveries, communicating with the landlord and building management, meeting & greeting visitors etc.
- Look for a new office, refurbishment and move coordination. This includes identifying potential options in the market, working closely with internal stakeholders to ensure the alignment, coordinating the work of internal teams (Network/Legal/Security) and external parties (designers, building contractors) to make sure the deadlines are met.
- Events organization and support, including Christmas and Summer parties, team activities throughout the year and work sessions support.
- With time the role may evolve to include Executive support to 1-2 London-based directors. This would include diary support, travel bookings, preparing expense reports and similar.
Skills you should HODL
- Proven experience as an office manager, office administrator or a similar role
- Quick learner able to navigate complex corporate structure and build relationships across multiple departments
- G-Suite user with ability to put together instructions, prepare simple reports and calculations
- Experience of seeing processes through to the end, from minor maintenance issues to project coordination
- Experience in vendor and service providers sourcing
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate in a clear manner both verbally and in writing
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest and implement office improvements and propose activities for the team
- An appreciation for the importance of security, coordinating on-site security of the office and monitoring staff access to ensure Kraken's London home remains secure
Nice to have
- First Aid and Fire Warden qualifications
- Knowledge of restaurants, hotel and entertainment options in Central London
- Interest and/or experience in interior design
- Communications Skills
- People Management
- Problem Solving