1. Node.js Proficiency:
- Proven experience in building scalable, high-performance applications using Node.js.
2. Blockchain Knowledge:
- Familiarity with blockchain technologies, such as Ethereum, Bitcoin, or other relevant platforms.
- Understanding of cryptocurrency protocols and smart contracts.
3. Security Awareness:
- A deep understanding of security best practices for cryptocurrency-related applications.
- Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities and how to mitigate them.
4. Database Skills:
- Proficiency in working with databases, both SQL (e.g., PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g., MongoDB), as they relate to blockchain and crypto applications.
5. API Development:
- Experience in designing and implementing RESTful APIs or GraphQL APIs.
- Knowledge of API authentication and authorization methods.
6. Solidity (Optional):
- If your project involves smart contract development, familiarity with Solidity, the programming language for Ethereum smart contracts, could be a significant advantage.
7. Version Control:
- Proficiency in using version control systems, such as Git, for collaborative development.
8. Testing and Debugging:
- Experience with unit testing, integration testing, and debugging techniques specific to Node.js applications.
9. Scalability and Performance:
- Ability to design and optimize backend systems for high scalability and performance, especially in a cryptocurrency context where transaction volumes can be high.
10. DevOps Skills: - Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker. - Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines.
11. Problem-Solving Skills: - Strong problem-solving abilities and a proactive approach to addressing technical challenges.
12. Documentation: - Proficiency in writing clear and concise technical documentation for code and APIs.
13. Communication: - Effective communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
14. Passion for Crypto: - A genuine interest in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space, staying updated on industry trends and developments.
15. Portfolio and Projects: - A portfolio showcasing previous backend development projects, especially those related to cryptocurrency or blockchain.
16. Education and Certifications: - Relevant academic qualifications or certifications in software development, blockchain, or related fields.
17. Cultural Fit: - Alignment with the company's culture, values, and mission, especially considering the dynamic and often regulatory-driven nature of the crypto industry.
18. Regulatory Awareness : - Knowledge of cryptocurrency regulations and compliance requirements, depending on the region in which your company operates.