Purpose of the job:
Identifying opportunities, prioritising, and driving growth through partnerships and strategic projects. In doing so, this role will oversee the implementation of on/off-ramp partnerships, banking relationships, and other strategic partnerships. Additionally, this role will assist with Fintech and Institutional sales and international expansion as required.
What will you be doing:
- Identify and evaluate potential on/off-ramp partners.
- Collaborate with the legal team to negotiate and finalise partnership agreements.
- Coordinate internally with product team to bring ramps and other partnerships to market.
- Manage partnerships related to on/off-ramp services.
- Collaborate with banking partners for seamless transactions.
- Monitor and report on the performance of on/off-ramp services and banking options.
- Stay updated on industry trends and innovations in Fintech and banking services.
- Provide insights on potential improvements to existing partnerships and relationships.
- Grow the usage of the products and assist with marketing.
Strategic Supplier Relationships:
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with suppliers.
- Ensure smooth collaboration with key partners.
- Collaborate with the legal team to negotiate and finalise supplier agreements.
- Monitor and report on the performance of strategic supplier relationships.
- Identify and assess potential strategic suppliers for partnership opportunities.
Fintech and Institutional Sales:
- Identify and pursue Fintech and banking sales opportunities.
- Working closely with these customers to help them leverage VALR infrastructure.
- Provide insights on customer needs and preferences in the Fintech and institutional sectors.
- Attend conferences and events as required to promote VALR in these key sectors.
- Assist in international markets in terms of research, making regulatory applications, and setting up operations as required.
- Travel to new markets as required for research and expansion activities.
What we look for in you:
- South African resident, ideally in Johannesburg, or willing to travel occasionally.
- At least 3 years of business experience in professional, financial services, or similar industries.
- Adaptable with the ability to change priorities rapidly.
- Strong interpersonal, client communication, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
- Familiarity with the financial services industry and regulatory environment.
- Responsive to internal and external communication in a fast-moving industry.
What can you expect from VALR:
- Competitive salary: Get paid well to work in an exciting industry.
- Leave: Compliance with statutory leave required by individual countries, in addition to flexible leave.
- Remote work: Work from wherever you like - Employees to ensure secure, stable internet connectivity to effectively work remotely.
- Home office setup: Mac laptop and a discretionary allowance to buy all the extras needed to work happily from home - all of it yours to keep after 3 years. Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Learning fund: R16,000 per employee per year for anything that helps you upskill for work, in addition to scheduled VALR training.
- Performance bonus: When you contribute to VALRs success, youll be rewarded with discretionary bonuses.
- Regular get-togethers outside of work.
- Annual company retreats.
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Relation
- Communications Skills