We are looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to help accelerate the growth of our Staking-as-a-Service platform ConsenSys Staking and double its market share by leveraging on the distribution and audience of our flagship products Infura and MetaMask (leading web3 wallet) as well as MetaMask Institutional (one of the leading institutional and Enterprise web3 wallet).
For this role, there is a strong focus on performant architecture, resilience and availability as well as a research aspect which includes deeply exploring new technologies related to the Staking space including: data availability layers and re-staking. The role serves to design a fine balance between client diversity and stability, whilst increasing yield and adding new feature optionality as a result of protocol and ecosystem technology.
The ideal candidate for this position has deep experience using and working with the Ethereum protocol in a Staking related capacity and is able to lead a feature area autonomously. In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience in optimizing for security and stability whilst being able to look ahead and run continuous experiments in order to steer the technical direction of the product.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- 6+ years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer working on production application
- Experience with back-end development (preferably Typescript)
- Experience designing and deploying in production complex software and cloud architecture and distributed systems
- Experience with containerised deployments on Kubernetes and deploying cloud infrastructure (AWS / Azure) and/or running Ethereum node software on VMs
- Experience with, or understanding of database like PostgreSQL and data indexing architecture and infrastructure
- Experience working on agile projects in an Agile environment
- Experience working in CI/CD setup
- Experience working in a distributed, remote team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Writing good technical documentation
- Located in EMEA/able to work EMEA business hours
Bonus Points for any of:
- Deep understanding of the Staking eco-system across Ethereum or other protocols
- Experience designing and implementing features in an Staking product
- Working awareness of the Ethereum roadmap and how EIPs can impact a product
- Working experience deploying and running infrastructure and software on bare metal server configuration.
- Blockchain / smart contract development: Solidity / Ethereum, Web3.js or Ethers.js library
- Experience working with decentralized applications or web3 protocols
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
- Experience in Typescript / Golang
Don't meet all the requirements? Don't sweat it. Were passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environmentapply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
- Database Management
- Software Engineering