We are seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our Team in India.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Keeping your assigned site or service up and running or getting it back up and running quickly when failure occurs,
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch,
- Automating work including infrastructure needs, testing, failover solutions, failure mitigation, and much more,
- Monitor and troubleshoot highly scalable and distributed server clusters that perform various functions, from web-servers to machine learning processing,
- Be on a PagerDuty rotation to respond to availability incidents and provide support for service engineers with customer incidents,
- Participate and establish best practices in Site Reliability Engineering,
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes,
- Work with a close-knit team and brainstorm on the best ways to tackle complex problems in infrastructure, security and monitoring,
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on monitoring and logging. (Have an interesting idea or solution? Present it!),
- Automating any software maintenance processes which previously required a manual procedure.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years experience with software engineering, software development, or system operations on high available and high traffic environments,
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and Azure
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL
- Experience administering linux servers as well as docker based infrastructure (like Kubernetes, AKS, etc.) in a highly available environment,
- Experience of scripting languages such as Python, Bash,
- Experience with message broker/queue technologies like RabbitMQ,
- Experience with modern monitoring, logging and observability tools in complex distributed systems such as with Application Insights, Grafana, New Relic, Splunk, Elastic stack, Datadog, Prometheus, etc,
- Practical experience with infrastructure-as-code (with tools like Terraform, Chef, Ansible, etc.).
- Good understanding of cybersecurity fundamentals and best practices,
- Containerizing and clustering (Dockerfiles, docker-compose, Helm, Kubernetes, etc.),
- Stellar problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems,
- Fluent language skills in English,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills,
- Solid team player!
- Software Engineering