Are you an independent team player who reliably gets things done? Do you have a knack for leveraging cloud-first technology and automating mundane tasks? We are looking for a mission-driven Senior Cloud Systems Engineer to join our team.
As the Senior Cloud Systems Engineer with a focus on automation, you will play a critical role in designing, building, and maintaining our cloud infrastructure. Your primary responsibility will be to create automated systems that enhance the efficiency, scalability, and reliability of our cloud environment. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to streamline operations, reduce manual tasks, and ensure the high performance of our cloud systems.
If logical thinking, technical proficiency, creativity, and perseverance are your strong suit, we want to talk to you.
- Design, engineer and implement standardized processes focusing on security and best practices ensuring Zero touch provisioning, SaaS hardening and Infrastructure as Code (Terraform )
- Work with the architecture team to strategize and develop the overall architectural rules to be adhered to within the cloud footprint.
- Develop, implement, and maintain automation scripts, workflows, and tools for provisioning, configuration, and management of cloud infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities to optimize the functionality, performance, stability and security of existing cloud environments (AWS),
- Continuously assess and improve the performance, cost-efficiency, and scalability of cloud resources by identifying areas for automation and optimization.
- Work closely with IT, DevOps and Security team members to rollout group wide systems, policies, and procedures
- Create and maintain clear and comprehensive documentation for all automation processes, configurations, and workflows.
- Ensure that cloud infrastructure meets security and compliance standards, implementing best practices for data protection and access control.
- Continuously review and improve existing systems for resilience
- Bachelors or Technical degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering or a related field
- Significant engineering and operational background with a range of cloud solutions.
- Proven experience in cloud infrastructure management, automation, and scripting, with a minimum of 8 years in a technical role
- Strong proficiency in scripting and programming languages (e.g. Python)
- Expertise in cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, or GCP, with hands-on experience in infrastructure as code (e.g., Terraform)
- Self driven, disciplined and results oriented
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record in delivering results at a start-up.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance on tasks and ability to be proactive when resolving issues
- Cloud Computing
- Cloud Management
- Communications Skills