The goal of an Application Security Engineer is to proactively identify and help mitigate technical risk in all software & infrastructure applications within BitMEX. They will achieve this with a combination of security gate implementation & management, security control administration and overall reporting in the software development lifecycle. They will be working alongside, and supported by Security Architect and Vulnerability Management security functions.
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments
- Collaborate with Product Management and Architects to contribute to the roadmaps of application security controls
- Implement security controls, best practices and configuration management
- Hands-on contributor and code reviewer on application security and CI/CD pipeline related projects
- Employ infrastructure as code paradigm to increase automation, scalability, and reliability
- Perform technology watches related to industry trends and best practices.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of state-of-the-art principles, theories, and practices around all things software-related. Identifies and recommends long-term technologies of relevant company interest and proposes long-term development strategy on cutting-edge trends and developments in area of expertise.
- 10+ years of security industry experience
- In-depth knowledge and experience with security tools such as SAST, SCA, supply chain & container security.
- Experience implementing security gates in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment systems. Familiarity with security principles for integrating security solutions in products like GitLab CI/CD, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Helm, ArgoCD.
- Modern infrastructure and application development experience using public cloud primitives. You should be familiar with kubernetes, serverless architecture and infrastructure as Code(IaC) tools such as terraform, ansible, chef.
- Solid experience in managing and configuring Git based Source Code Management solutions, such Github, Gitlab
- Proven experience and understanding of security principles across infrastructure platforms, data layers, integration points, and application layers.
- Demonstrated experience architecting and developing security solutions during the secure software development lifecycle program or secure lifecycle improvement efforts and managing large scale projects to completion
- Adapt to evolving security and business priorities quickly and effectively. Loves new technological challenges and excels at solving them.
Good to have
- Common security certifications such as GSEC, CEH, CISSP, CCSP, or CCSK.
- Good understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Technical understanding of management implementations for identity like MFA, 2SV, SAML, OAuth, OIDC.
- Experience with Grafana/Loki/Prometheus/Thanos, Graphite, Fluentd
- Experience with data templating languages like Jsonnet or related a plus
Join us, as we build a thriving cryptocurrency ecosystem through strategic investments in emerging cryptocurrency technology, and create the future of digital financial services.
- App Development
- Communications Skills
- Security System Management