Business Line Description
NXP’s Technology (CTO) organization plays an essential role in the company’s success by ensuring the delivery of high quality, scalable, cost-competitive technologies and supply to create a competitive advantage for our customers.
Competence Center Crypto & Security (CC C&S) within CTO is NXP’s central security organization that provides security solutions (IPs, sub-systems, system security solutions), services (Vulnerability Analysis, Certification) and security expertise to the business lines and to other R&D organizations across NXP.
We have a current opening in our Hardware Security Architecture team where you can apply your security knowledge and experience to ensure that our products achieve best-in-class security.
As member of the Hardware Security Architecture team, you will be working on
- Specification of innovative and disruptive product security solutions
- Security requirements management and definition, linking security mechanisms to functional requirements
- Specification, design and review of product security architectures
- Detailed attack modeling and definition of security mechanisms in hardware, firmware, protocols, etc.
- Advising and training the teams on design, implementation and test of hardware/software security mechanisms
- Detailed implementation reviews (RTL, firmware code)
- Planning, coordination and execution of pre-silicon vulnerability analysis (VA)
- Technical interface to customers and to the different business and product development teams
- Certification support and technical interface with evaluators and certifiers
- Root cause analysis of security defects and vulnerabilities
Cross functional aspects:
You will report to the US head of Hardware Security Architecture. You will be working as a product security architect/engineer and you will be mentored by senior members of the team. You will work closest with members of the central security organization, but you will also collaborate with a large number of security stakeholders, partners and contributors in different business, product development and customer support teams. You will interact with local colleagues as well as people around the globe.
Job Qualifications: :
- Have a degree Bachelors/Masters/PhD in Cryptography, Security, Software Engineering or Electronics, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Experience in the design and development of Embedded Secure Systems
- Good knowledge of SoCs and/or Secure Element products
- Have a security background, ideally experience in embedded security
- Familiar to work with “state of the art” CAD tools (e.g. Cadence, …)
- Have knowledge of Hardware description languages (System Verilog, VHDL)
- Are used to an independent working style
- Show very good communication skills
- Be willing to travel
- Fluent in English
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
- Product Management
- Security System Management