Were looking for a Lead Software Engineer/Architect to join our Cloud team which is responsible for the entire backend at WalletConnect. As a member of the Cloud team you will deliver new software in Rust, Typescript, and Go and deploy it to AWS, CloudFlare, GCP, and others. You will instrument and operate the software using Prometheus, Grafana, and Opsgenie. You, in tandem with your teammates, will be in charge of maintaining the system. You will write proposals for new features, apps, and bug fixes and when present those proposals to your teammates, across teams, or the entire company depending on the scope.
Some of the software is or will be decentralized.
Day to Day:
- Shaping the products/features: Utilize your ecosystem knowledge to identify and exploit new opportunities.
- Establishing high standards for your awesome team on operational excellence, ensuring a high quality systems design process, keeping your team unblocked as much as possible, communicating with stakeholders, and leaving no stone unturned when it comes to security
- Researching, proposing, developing, launching and scaling new apps/APIs
- Leading by example when it comes to hands on coding and architecting
- Conceptualizing new features and share your ideas concisely
- Writing new and improve existing software/services/SDKs in Rust
- Build and deploy infrastructure using Terraform/AWS/Grafana/Opsgenie/Prometheus
- Plan and implement metrics/monitors and operate the Backend teams services
- Organizing and Managing an on call rotation
- Natural Leadership: Collaborate with other engineers, providing skilled and empathetic mentorship.
- User-Centric Development: Focus on creating user-friendly APIs and clear documentation.
- Community Engagement: Understand and meet the needs of the team, business, developer community, clients and ecosystem.
Tech Stack: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Rust, React.js, Next.js, PostgreSQLRequirements
- Experience developing and creating architecture in Rust
- Experience leading a team
- Experience in managing an on-call rotation
- Strong networking skills
- Strong AWS (or other cloud provider) experience
- Experience in monitoring: Grafana, Prometheus, Loki, Datadog, CloudWatch, or other
- SQL skills (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Solid Linux and networking skills
- Demonstrated experience with managing production services
- AAA expertise in running highly available software
- Experience in decentralized systems and libraries e.g. libp2p
- Fully remote position
- Budget for your home office or work environment
- Regular team offsites to amazing places around the world
- Generous PTO and parental leave
- Meaningful Learning and Development budget
- Competitive compensation package including salary, equity and possibly tokens
- If youre in the US, well also cover your healthcare
- The chance to build and grow with one of the most recognized companies in Web3 and have fun while we do it
- Team Management