BitGo is looking for a Principal Backend Engineer, who will join our team in Bangalore, India.
- Build strong, resilient, and robust APIs, libraries, and services to power our wallet services: hot and cold wallets, indexing, staking, and SDK services
- Responsible for managing BitGos technical architecture
- Own functionality and scalability features by taking responsibility from inception to deployment and customer integration
- Expose and document functionality to the UI, third-party developers, and our internal and external tooling
- Collaborate closely with all engineering teams to ensure consistency in understanding of technical requirements and overall work quality
- Provide mentorship to your peers in the broader engineering team through code reviews and education on best practices
- Coordinate with stakeholders in the US and other global locations. This potentially involves taking calls in the PST/ EST timezone to keep in sync with your geographically distributed team.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship. We are looking for coworkers who share our vision and mission: deliver trust in digital assets.
- At least 8+ years of back-end, server-side software development
- Great at algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Strong experience with RESTful API design
- Strong spoken English skills
- Experience in Git/GitHub and branching methodologies, code review tools, CI tools, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or another technical discipline from a top university
- Understanding and experience working in defi or centralized financial industry
- Understanding and strong interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain industry
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker, Golang, TypeScript6
- Database Management
- Problem Solving
- Software Engineering