Were building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people through interactions based on consent, privacy, and free association. Where both communities and individuals flourish. To accomplish that, were working hard to make web3 accessible for everyone around the world.
MetaMask is both a crypto wallet and a gateway to the decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, protect against economic turmoil, and more. Our browser extension and mobile platforms meet the needs of millions of users and developers across the world.
About the role
This Backend Engineer will contribute to MetaMasks Staking product. We are looking for creative, talented and passionate individuals who are willing to dive deep into the complexity and challenges of blockchain and web3 and help deliver best-in-class curated experiences to our users across our multiple platforms (Portfolio Dapp, browser Extension and Mobile app). As a Backend Engineer, you will help build the APIs and libraries that are needed to unify, enhance and transform our staking experiences across platforms.
- 3+ years of experience as a Backend Software Engineer working on production applications
- Experience with Node.js back-end development (preferably Typescript)
- Experience with, or understanding of: PostgreSQL
- Experience working on agile projects in an Agile environment
- Experience working in CI/CD setup
- Excellent communication skills.
- Writing good technical documentation.
- Located in the Americas/able to work U.S. business hours
Bonus Points for any of:
- Web3 experience, particularly with staking and/or mobile wallets
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or related subject
- Experience in Typescript
- Experience working in a distributed, remote team environment.
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Understanding of blockchain technology, especially Ethereum
- Blockchain / smart contract development: Solidity / Ethereum, Web3.js or Ethers.js library
- General interest in DevOps topics / experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes and deploying cloud infrastructure (AWS / Azure)
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging technology
- Experience in deploying blockchain infrastructure
Other skills to demonstrate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Teamwork, flexibility, initiative, communication and organization
- Willingness to constantly learn & improve, challenging yourself to stay at the top of your game
Dont tick all the boxes? No problem - we are looking for someone who will be excited to help realize our vision and believes in our values.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills.
CANADA - Remote, UNITED STATES - Remote
- Communications Skills
- Software Engineering
- Team Collaboration