BitGo is looking for an experienced DevOps System Administrator who will join our IT team in Bangalore. The System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks. Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. Specific responsibilities include:
- Install, configure, automate, and manage software and hardware.
- Scripting & automation using Python or Bash.
- Manage network equipment including switches, WiFi, firewalls, printers, etc.
- Manage Google Workspace, Slack, Attlasian, JAMF, and other SaaS applications.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security by following BitGos policies for access control and approvals.
- Ensure BitGo security policies are being followed.
- Follow change control policies using a ticketing system.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Be creative and design solutions for BitGos business needs.
- Maintain an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
Skills & Experience:
We are looking for teammates who share and practice our values: open communication, transparency, taking ownership, and a high level of craftsmanship.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role.
- Experience with networks (LAN, WAN).
- Expert in managing Google Workspace, JAMF, and Slack. Familiarity with APIs is a plus.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. OS, Security key devices, Cryptography, and firewalls) and data backup/recovery.
- Experience with Git and GitHub.
- Familiarity with MacOS and well experienced in Linux.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Excellent communication skills and a pleasant positive attitude.
- Solid networking knowledge. (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc.)
- Experience with Google Cloud, Cloudflare, and AWS is a plus.
- BS/BA in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent experience and professional certifications.
- Ability to attend one or two meetings a week during US hours.
- Available for urgent requests outside of normal working hours.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive salary
- Meal & Commute allowance
- Medical Insurance
- Hybrid working model
- IT equipment support for work
- Great/Talented workforce to learn and grow with
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you'll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
- Communications Skills
- Software Engineering
- Team Collaboration
- Team Management