We are seeking a Compliance Analyst to join the BitGo team in New York City. This role will be a hybrid between work from home and office attendance and will report to the Head of Financial Intelligence Unit.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Analyzing, reviewing, and investigating transaction monitoring alerts using tools such as Elliptic, TRM Labs, and Unit21 to identify and escalate financial crime red flags.
- Performing comprehensive and insightful investigations into flagged transaction activity or accounts, and making recommendations for the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Keeping a watchful eye over wider BitGo platform activity to identify potential financial crime red flags, including reviewing law enforcement & 314(b) inquiries, sanctions screening, negative news, or 314(a) escalations, referrals from BitGo employees or external parties.
- Collaborating with the wider Compliance team on program enhancements such as risk rule and detection scenario calibration, quality assurance reviews, and data analysis.
- Driving efforts to integrate transaction monitoring vendors into BitGo systems.
- Drafting and updating Financial Intelligence Unit procedures, participating in AML training and education efforts.
- Maintaining an advanced understanding of AML typologies that relate to cryptocurrency transactions, correspondent banking, high risk jurisdictions, and be a vocal point for current regulatory trends, enforcement actions and crypto related financial crime news.
Skills And Experience
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, take full ownership for their work and projects, and believe in a transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful.
- 3+ years experience in AML transaction monitoring, investigations, and SAR reporting.
- 1+ years of experience with using blockchain analytics tools (Elliptic, TRM Labs, Chainalysis, etc), and an advanced understanding of the concepts that underpin blockchain transaction tracing. Certification such as Chainalysis Reactor is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of AML regulatory requirements and expectations, including BSA and PATRIOT Acts.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills; experience leveraging multiple information sources to run an investigation.
- A drive to understand the causes and reasons for account or transaction behavior and an eagerness to paint the picture of an alert, investigation, or account review.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and argumentative skills
- Willing to learn and become an expert in complex blockchain based subject matter and crypto crime concepts.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision; be comfortable navigating various internal systems and tools provided by vendors.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Eagerness to work with other teams in a highly collaborative startup Fintech environment.
- Communications Skills
- Compliance Knowledge
- Problem Solving