Were looking for a crypto-native and FinTech oriented intern. This role will be a shared resource between RippleX (crypto) and RippleNet (FinTech/Payments) Business Development teams. On the crypto front, this candidate will help us build a robust ecosystem of third-party developers, projects, and companies that build, grow and monetize their applications on the XRP Ledger. On the FinTech/payments side, they will be responsible for developing strategy, sourcing and securing strategic relationships with crypto friendly payment companies, fintechs, banks, corporates, and digital assets infrastructure players to deliver Ripples vision, launch new products/verticals, and drive network volume.
Although no professional experience in crypto or payments is required, user experience with web3 projects and familiarity with the most relevant ecosystems in web3 is expected. This candidate will need to understand how web3 applications are built and managed to help assess the viability and requirements for new deployments on the XRP Ledger. They will also be responsible for sourcing new deals, structuring contracts and commercial terms, and guiding the implementation of the applications on the XRP Ledger across multiple areas in crypto, such as DeFi, NFTs, RWA, among others.
This is a 12 week, paid summer intern position.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Support the sourcing of new crypto deals by searching for opportunities on major DeFi platforms, databases, attending conferences, meetups, among others
- Lead calls with prospective partners, guiding them through a potential XRP Ledger integration and traditional structures for Business Development deals
- Contribute to drafting sessions with potential partners, participate in negotiations, and prepare internal memos to obtain internal approvals for deals
- Identify, source and build strategic relationships with key Ripple partners including payment & fintech companies, financial institutions and digital asset infrastructure players, tech companies, etc.
- Structure, negotiate, and execute complex commercial deals with strategic partners to drive volume and value for Ripple
- Be the voice of the customer and work with marketing, product, sales teams to help drive use cases for cross-border payments and new crypto enabled products and services.
- Build strong relationships with cross-functional teams; collaborate with compliance, legal, and finance to ensure efficient and compliant strategy execution
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in business or related major (pursuing a minor in technical field is a plus, but not required)
- Passionate about blockchain technology, developers, and the move to a decentralized world
- User experience in DeFi and familiarity with most relevant ecosystems in crypto
- Have an understanding of cross-border payments, FX markets, correspondent banking and/or treasury
- Experience with conducting research and presenting thoughtful analysis with clear recommendations
A Plus If You Have:
- Proficiency in SQL programming language with the ability to execute database queries and optimize database performance
- Database Management
- Negotiations Skills