CoinFlip placed No. 60 on the 2021 Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. CoinFlip was also named the 2021 and 2022 #1 fastest-growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Business.
As our growth trajectory continues, we’re looking to quickly expand all of our teams. It’s an exciting time to join CoinFlip as we’re pursuing additional business lines and continued international expansion to further cement us as a leading financial technology company.
This role will be critical for ensure security standards are implemented and reviewed for our CoinFlip online customer platform. This includes close collaboration with our design and development teams throughout the development cycle but also when evaluating the underlying infrastructure.
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Capable of shifting between architectural reviews, writing security development policies, consulting with engineers or managers, and supporting the security awareness program by providing documented examples and training sessions to developers and engineers
- Ensure the organization implements a security architecture that enables CoinFlip to grow but also keeps infrastructure and customer data secure
- Ensure security monitoring is in place to detect and respond to critical events throughout the environment. Experience with solutions like Grafana/Sentinel/Defender and others are key
- Experience with working in a rapid evolving environment and adoption of new technologies
- Experience with performing architecture reviews to steer projects in the right direction early, lead security reviews, and develop security ownership throughout the different groups at CoinFlip
- Experience with creating threat models and leverage them to prioritize based on risk impact. This includes the prioritization of vulnerabilities identified during SAST, DAST and Penetration Testing, but also actively collaborating with the different teams on remediation
- Hands on experience is a must
- Preferred certifications include: CEH, CSSLP, AWS Security
Nice to Have:
- Basic knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchains
- General passion and knowledge of fintech and crypto
- Knowledge of cyber risk quantification methodologies
CoinFlip values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment. We thank all candidates who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
By applying to this role, you give express consent to CoinFlip to send you informational text (SMS) messages regarding this role and the application process. You can cancel the SMS service at any time by replying "STOP" to the text message you received. If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just reply "HELP." Message and data rates apply. If you require a special accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your needs.
- Software Architecture