This role is responsible to help manage Krakens transfer pricing structure, including planning in collaboration with the tax planning team, working with finance and tax operations on implementation, and facilitating documentation preparation. The role will provide expert transfer pricing advice to help guide Krakens future growth. The tax team at Kraken works to manage the risks associated with the rapidly changing tax environment surrounding cryptocurrency, and work together with stakeholders to ensure our operating models are tax efficient and compliant. We are a collaborative team of tax professionals excited by the opportunity to be challenged by a completely new and emerging field of tax law. We work across numerous functions within Kraken on a regular basis, and work with each other to tackle challenging and technical tax issues quickly in partnership with product, finance, legal, business development, and other functions. This critical role will work closely with Tax and Finance Leadership, interact regularly with other tax and finance professionals, and work across other functions here at Kraken. This role reports to Sr. Manager, Tax Planning.
- Key role in the Tax and Finance function responsible for global transfer pricing documentation, operations, and planning.
- Monitoring and responding to global transfer pricing regulatory and documentation requirements and assessing impacts.
- Overseeing preparation and review of transfer pricing models and supporting documentation preparation efforts, including benchmarking and economic analysis with outside advisors.
- Supporting the tax planning team in assessing scope of intercompany transactions and ensuring adequate documentation and agreements are in place.
- Monitoring tax operations and booking processes to ensure compliance with transfer pricing policies.
- Liaising with intercompany accounting on transfer pricing balance clearing.
- Creatively optimizing transfer pricing processes and intercompany booking.
Skills You Should HODL
- Strong technical knowledge of US and OECD transfer pricing regulations
- Exposure to preparing transfer pricing documentation
- At least 4 years of experience in transfer pricing planning, documentation, and/or operations
- Exposure to performing quantitative modeling of transfer pricing results and prefer strong excel and spreadsheet skills
- Strong writing skills and experience drafting solid technical tax memoranda
- Strong verbal skills and comfortable in communicating technical tax matters to non-tax professionals
- Bachelors degree and either CPA or law degree; Masters in Tax or LL.M.
$90,000 - $134,000 a year
This is the target annual salary range for this role. This range is not inclusive of other additional compensation elements, such as our Bonus program, Equity program, Wellness allowance, and other benefits [US Only] (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
The compensation range provided is influenced by various factors and represents the initial target range. Our salary offerings are dynamic and we strive to ensure that our base salary and total compensation package aligns and recognizes the top talent we aim to attract and retain. The compensation package of the successful candidate is based on various factors such as their skillset, experience, and job scope.
- Communications Skills
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Legal Consulting