Were looking for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join Messaris on-chain data team. This is a highly collaborative role where you will be working closely with our research, product, and engineering teams to drive our data modeling efforts and maximize the business impact. Your responsibilities include delivering end-to-end data products, designing processes, and introducing best practices to improve efficiency, as well as mentoring junior data analysts.
As we are a crypto company working extensively with blockchain data, it would be a big plus if you are also familiar with crypto and have prior experience with blockchain data.
What you'll do:
- Owning the data pipeline end-to-end, including data modeling, data visualization, and data quality.
- Designing and putting processes in place to improve operational efficiency.
- Design and build data models for blockchain data to transform low level (raw) data into high level metrics.
- Employs modern data tools and best practices to ensure data quality and consistency.
- Foster collaboration & knowledge sharing across business functions.
- Provide technical mentorship to junior team members.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of experience in data modeling, schema design, and data tools/ops.
- Strong expertise in SQL and dbt. Proficient with Python.
- Experience working in a cloud data warehouse (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Databricks)
- Experience working with data infra/ops tools like Docker, CI/CD, and AWS.
Nice to haves:
- Passion for cryptocurrencies and a good understanding of blockchains and/or decentralized finance (DeFi).
- Data science experience. e.g. forecasting, A/B testing, simulation, predictive modeling.
Projects you could work on:
- Build an abstraction table for all concentrated liquidity protocols. Provide clean data sets to end users (research analysts), modeling data in a way that empowers them to answer their own questions.
- Analyze the behavior of liquidity behaviors on decentralized exchanges. Build prototypes of tools and simulations that allows people to observe changes in behavior given changes in parameters
- Design and build data quality frameworks/processes to ensure we have the best quality data possible!
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
- $150,000- $180,000
What youll love about Messari. We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building. Benefits:
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our offices in New York or San Francisco, the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home well assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
- Analytical Thinking
- Communications Skills