As a Software Engineer at Bitpanda, you will be responsible for writing, reviewing and maintaining clean and scalable code over all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle.
We expect you to contribute to our event driven architecture by using the newest technologies. A strong interest in cryptocurrencies and technical knowledge in related technologies is a plus.
What youll do
- Work directly on maintaining Cryptonodes and services that interact with various parts of the Crypto ecosystem
- Develop clean and robust software for high performance backend systems
- Work on loosely coupled microservices that support core business of the entire organisation
- Solve multi-dimensional problems that you never knew existed before
- Join a motivated team of highly skilled, experienced developers that can support and mentor you on your learning journey
Who you are
- You already bring a fundamental understanding of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology and are eager to dive into it more!
- At least intermediate Python knowledge with API development basics. For example a solid understanding of type hints and annotations and how to use these features to improve code quality, readability, and maintainability.
- Experience with using relational or NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, DynamoDB) and knowledge on API design, websocket and network communication
- Basic knowledge of event driven design, like event streams, message brokers (e.g. Apache Kafka)
- Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: AWS Services, trading/markets, DevOps infrastructure, Infrastructure-as-Code, AI, smart contracts, Cryptonodes, Web3
Whats in it for you
- Hybrid-working model with 60-Work From Anywhere days
- Competitive total compensation package including participation in our stock option plan
- Market-leading benefits programs and policies shaped by our flexibility-first philosophy
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Company-wide and team events both in-person and virtually!
- Bitpanda swag to keep you living the brand
- Communications Skills
- Software Engineering