Swarm is a system of peer-to-peer networked nodes for a decentralised storage and communication service.
Swarm could shape the future towards a self-sovereign global society and permissionless open markets. On Swarm, applications run autonomously yet securely in a planetary-scale deployment and execution environment.
Bee is a Swarm client implemented in Go. Its the basic building block for the Swarm Network.
Bee provides low level constructs for file storage, feeds, key-value stores and untraceable communication, through solid, well-tested code delivered in an agile manner.
Key technologies are Go, libp2p, protobuf, leveldb, and go-ethereum, as well as various cryptographic libraries.
- Development of the reference Swarm implementation in Go aka Bee
- Developing domain-specific knowledge and expertise in the Swarm incentive layer implementation
- Bringing code up to spec
- Delivering well-tested code
- Conducting thorough code reviews to your peers
- You have 3+ years of experience in GoLang
- Desire to learn or familiarity with large-scale distributed systems
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Following SOLID principles
- You like to work in a fast paced environment
- You manage your own time effectively and respect time constraints
- You like to work remotely
- You are available around the CET timezone
- You can express yourself fluently in English, both verbally and in writing
- You have a solid grasp of blockchain principles and application design considerations
- Familiarity with infrastructure tools (we use k8s, helm)
- Experience with libp2p
- You are familiar with go-ethereum
- Acquaintance with cryptographic concepts
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (we use Grafana, Prometheus, Jaeger and OpenTracing)
- Knowledge of Solidity
- A passionate open-source contributor
We offer/Team perks:
- An open, flat and transparent work environment
- 100% remote friendly
- Flexible working hours
- We care about our swarm: Incentives through BZZ, our token
Should you be interested in the position, please send your CV to email@example.com
- Software Engineering