One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess is the world’s leading international premium cruise line and tour company, carrying millions of guests each year to hundreds of destinations around the globe. With parent company Carnival Corporation, Princess has introduced Medallion Class Vacations. This award-winning innovation offers the fastest way to an effortless, personalized vacation.
We’re looking for an amazing Public Relations (PCL) professional to fill this role, which is based in our Santa Clarita office. You’ll be responsible for managing PCL’s presence on social media platforms inclusive of Facebook / Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Youtube and Pinterest. A typical day will include social content planning and creation in coordination with internal teams and agency partners. The ultimate objective is to engage and grow PCL’s fanbase, while support key business initiatives.
Here’s a summary of what Princess is looking for in its Social Media Specialist. Is this you?
- Creates and manages social content development and editorial calendar – supporting key business initiatives
- Collaborates with internal / external marketing teams on media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules
- Produces alongside agency support, content for daily social posts to all platforms that engage and grow our audiences, building meaningful connections with followers
- Partner with fellow marketing team members to leverage social content across other marketing channels
- Boost select top performing organic content to relevant audiences to support marketing goals.
- Maintain constant awareness of key strategic initiatives through broader content calendar and how social media can support those initiatives.
- Input on measurement needs and review measurement analyses to identify how content is performing and how it is moving the needle to support business needs
- Liaise with Social Care team to monitor social conversations and identify potential threats; assess and analyze the social climate around different issues.
- Grows and expands company social media presence into new social media platforms, plus increases presence on existing platforms
- Ensures brand consistency in marketing and social media messages by working with various teammates, including advertising, PR, product development, and brand management
- Develop deep understanding of our audience to reflect the proper editorial approach, narrative and tone of voice
- Digital Journalism, Marketing Digital Media, Journalism, Communications, English, Public Relations or related field
- Experience working in social media and/or content development
- Thorough understanding of both organic and paid sides of social platforms
- Experience with content management and social/digital publishing and monitoring platforms such as (but not exclusively) Sprinklr, Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Facebook Business Manager, Adobe Analytics, Google Ads; Office 365 Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud
- The ability to perform standard analysis, especially within excel
- Strong storytelling, editing and writing skills across a broad range of formats (social media, blog posts, video, etc.)
- Great communicator able to simplify the complex and explain difficult content to others.
- Experience creating content for communications campaigns on major social and digital platforms and ability to translate analytics.
- Be self-motivated, adaptable, detail oriented, able to handle multiple projects and problem solve.
- Thrives in a collaborative environment.
Please note that this position can be 100% remote, US only
Cruise and Travel Privileges for You and Your Family
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Training & Professional Development
Tuition & Professional Certification Reimbursement
Rewards & Incentives
- Social media management