As a Senior Product Counsel at Gemini, you are the ultimate general athlete. Leveraging both breadth and depth of experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel, you will help Gemini tackle the complex legal challenges that confront a disruptive emerging asset class. You will support Geminis Exchange, Crypto Core and NeoBank business lines. By navigating unprecedented legal complexities across Product, Business Development, Finance and Accounting, Technology, and Security, youll play a critical role in building our business at the forefront of the future of money.Responsibilities
- Provide risk-principled legal, regulatory, and strategic advice to product, design, marketing, and technology teams during all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Provide holistic legal support of complex financial arrangements at the intersection of cryptocurrency and traditional financial arrangements, including crypto custody, lending, OTC trading, and other complex financial products.
- Draft and negotiate complex agreements and establish thoughtful standards, such as SLAs, for retail and institutional customers based on regulatory requirements and market norms.
- Manage projects effectively and collaboratively.
- Build positive and influential relationships with Gemini leadership, cross-functional partners, and external stakeholders regarding regulatory matters that impact our products.
- Collaborate with and support the General Counsel and the rest of the Legal team to evaluate and communicate legal risks and develop creative solutions to bridge business priorities in a changing regulatory landscape.
- JD degree
- Minimum 6 years of relevant legal experience at a law firm or in-house
- Fluency in English
- Member of a US state bar in good standing
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks governing lending, securities, payments and depository account products, and experience in handling inquiries and enforcement matters related to such products.
- Familiarity with U.S. securities laws, advising companies on 33 and 34 act securities law requirements and SEC/FINRA rules.
- Experience in managing licensing applications and supervisory matters for regulated financial services businesses in the U.S. and abroad.
- Experience drafting customer-facing disclosures and terms for a retail payments business.
- Proven ability to proactively, efficiently, and accurately assess and mitigate legal risks in a fast-paced environment.
- Track record of creative problem-solving, excellent written and oral communication skills, and creation of strong and trusted cross-functional relationships.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in disruptive technology; prior experience working in fintech, digital assets or high-growth tech companies a plus.
It Pays to Work HereThe Compensation & Benefits Package For This Role Includes
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
- Communications Skills
- Product Design
- Product Management
- Product Planning