As a member of the Consumer Experience team, youll work closely with Product Managers and Engineering to solve complex data problems, build analytics solutions, and deliver insights that are instrumental to delivering successful products to our customers.
The Role: Senior Data Engineer
- Conceptualize and own the data architecture for large-scale projects, while evaluating design and operational cost-benefit tradeoffs within systems.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights visually in a meaningful way.
- Build and maintain data dictionaries and process documentation.
- Develop new systems and tools to enable the teams to consume and understand data more intuitively.
- Optimize pipelines, dashboards, frameworks, and systems to facilitate easier development of data artifacts.
- Influence product and cross-functional teams to identify data opportunities to drive impact.
- Solve our most challenging data integration problems, utilizing optimal ETL patterns, frameworks, query techniques, sourcing from structured and unstructured data sources.
- 5+ years experience working in a data or analytics engineering role.
- Experience in designing, building, and administering modern data pipelines within data warehouses.
- Advanced SQL skills, with experience transforming raw data into clean models, optimizing SQL performance, and troubleshooting & improving others' code.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts (e.g. ELT, schema management, materialization) and data modeling concepts (e.g. Star Schema).
- Experience with Snowflake, BigQuery, or Redshift.
- Experience with one or more MPP system (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, Databricks, etc).
- Experience with business intelligence solutions (Looker, Tableau, Periscope, Mode).
- Experience analyzing data to identify gaps and inconsistencies.
- Experience in working collaboratively across different teams and departments.
- Knowledge and practical application of Python.
- Experience working autonomously in with distributed teams.
- Experience influencing product decisions with data.
- Experience working with AWS technology stack.
It Pays to Work Here
The Compensation & Benefits Package For This Role Includes
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Cloud Management
- Communications Skills
- Data Structures