We are looking for an Application Security Engineer to join our rapidly growing security team to help embed security into all phases of the software development lifecycle. You would work closely with development teams and product managers to ensure MetaMask products are designed and implemented to the highest security standards.
To apply for this position, you must have:
- 6+ years of work experience in a security domain.
- Experience performing security design reviews, threat modeling, or security testing.
- Enthusiasm for writing code, and helping others do the same.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with the Ethereum blockchain and Decentralized Applications.
- Proactiveness and be self-driven to be successful working in a remote environment.
- Relevant knowledge of modern web and mobile app security landscape, real-world attacks and mitigations.
- A belief in our mission and values.
- Blockchain expertise.
- Past experience educating or mentoring.
- Experience working on a development team.
- Youve found a vulnerability in MetaMask.
- Youre a MetaMask user!
- Support product teams as they develop new features by conducting design reviews, threat modeling, security testing, and code reviews.
- Assess potential security vulnerabilities within our applications, and work with development teams to ensure remediation in our established SLAs.
- Identify gaps in MetaMasks secure software development life cycle (SSDLC), and take initiative leading efforts to address them.
- Determine the root cause and severity of vulnerabilities reported to us through our bug bounty platform.
- Participate and contribute to team meetings, roadmap planning, and discussions.
- Validate that security patches address reported vulnerabilities and test for any potential bypasses
- Document identified vulnerabilities in a way that allows for our engineering team to take quick action.
- Proactively prevent future occurrences of a vulnerability through developing automation, security controls, and educating developers.
- Write code to support the development of security engineering projects, or fix vulnerabilities in MetaMask client applications.
- App Development
- Communications Skills
- Security System Management