We are looking for someone to supplement and complement the current team at ConsenSys. We believe lawyers work best when they are challenged, intellectually stimulated, and pursuing their personal interests. We look forward to crafting a role that fits ConsenSyss growing needs while charting a compelling career path for our new team member. To start, well need help with the following:
- Providing strategic legal advice, counsel on relevant laws, national guidelines, codes and best practices in relation to data protection / privacy.Staying current with global privacy laws and practices.
- Helping manage the Global Consensys Privacy Program e.g. implementing procedures, privacy tools and privacy strategy development.
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of documents including, but not limited to, data protection agreements, privacy impact assessments, vendor agreements, internal policies. Supporting maintenance of records of processing activities.
- Reports to the leads in the legal team.
- You will work closely with the existing team and also partner with internal support functions like Finance, HR, IT and the office of the CEO.
Would be great if you brought this to the role
- A law degree from a leading law school and a license to practice law in either England & Wales or Ireland
- At least 2 years of data protection / privacy experience at a large reputable law firm and/or in-house
- Experience drafting and negotiating privacy-related documents
- A comprehensive grasp of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, the Data Protection Principles and global privacy laws.
- Fluency in, or a strong desire to learn about, blockchain technology and related legal issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Hard-charging, innovative, and comfortable with high levels of responsibility
- Comfort with being self-directed and learning quickly to tackle time-sensitive tasks
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Ability to effectively engage with business and legal counterparts
- Ability to handle multiple projects and matters simultaneously
- A proven academic or professional track-record demonstrating hard work, ambition and a dedication to self-improvement and excellence
- Security System Management