We are offering an internship opportunity in Partnership Marketing, which begins at the start of the interns Spring 2024 semester and concludes before the start of the interns following semester. As our Spring 2024 Marketing intern, your areas of focus will be product, events, partnerships, and social media. Youll be regularly interacting with members of the Marketing team and will be mentored by our Head of Event & Partnership Marketing. Qualified candidates for this internship are current students who have completed all coursework for their sophomore or junior year. Ideal candidates are detail oriented, able to project manage, can be trusted to take initiative, and are humble in their work.
Internships at Shift Markets are designed to provide students with hands-on training, similar to a university lab course, which enriches the educational experience. The goal is to add professional context to the students specialized academic program for the upcoming academic year. A major in Marketing (or a related major, such as Business Administration), is best suited for tying this internship to an academic program.
The intern will gain valuable experience by:
- Developing skills in partnership marketing for two in-house brands, supported by senior marketing leadership.
- Participating in product marketing for an internal product with its own brand, with guidance from our Head of Events & Partnership Marketing.
- Receiving hands-on training in product, event, partnership, and social media marketing from members of the Marketing team.
- Communicating daily with internal Marketing team members, under the supervision of our Head of Events & Partnership Marketing.
- Learning to use tools that drive leads including Asana, Notion, and Klaviyo, with instruction from Marketing team members.
- Receiving training from Marketing team members on how to build efficient processes using various tools and software.
- Completing and processing paperwork required by law, with guidance from Marketing team members.
The ideal intern is familiar with the following programs used by our company:
- Google Suite
- Excel (using computations/algorithms)
- Canva or similar design tools
The ideal intern already has these required skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and well organized
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback to refine and improve
- Self-motivated and able to focus in a remote environment
- Adapts well to quickly changing priorities
- Effective project management skills
- Takes initiative when needed
Qualified candidates meet the following expectations:
- Experience which demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience or strong interest in Crypto/Web3, with an emphasis on DeFi.
- Bachelors degree in progress, with a major in Marketing (or a related major, such as Business Administration).
This is an unpaid internship with academic credit available. This internship requires 10 to 20 hours per week, and is remote or hybrid NYC.
- Attention to Detail
- Communications Skills