The Department: Service Fundamentals (Trust & Safety)
Trust & Safety is a team dedicated to protecting Geminis users and its platform from fraudulent and abusive activity while ensuring a seamless customer journey. We are a diverse group of technology and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
At Gemini, Trust is our Product. Building trust begins by ensuring our customers have a safe and delightful experience on our platform. As we scale, Gemini is looking for a passionate leader to grow and manage our Risk Operations Team. This team works directly with Gemini customers in order to investigate and resolve fraud and abuse. This includes assisting customers with scams, ATOs, onboarding issues, transaction errors, and timely account security escalations.
The Role: Manager, Trust & Safety
- Lead the overall program and supporting teams responsible for fraud and risk review.
- Develop and maintain operational policies, procedures, and SLAs in order to ensure consistent and high quality outcomes.
- Scale operational processes to meet the demands of new products, customer feedback, and continued global expansion.
- Remain current on prevalent fraud vectors, identify trending risks within operational metrics, and help mitigate potential issues.
- Brief executives and other senior management on fraud and risk metrics.
- Partner with compliance, customer support, product, legal, and engineering teams to guide the development and improve fraud prevention and risk management controls.
- Respond to risk-related customer issues of varying levels of complexity.
- Mentor and guide the team of fraud associates; set a high bar of operational excellence.
- Manage and understand Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and make data driven decisions.
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience.
- 8+ years of operational experience in a Risk, Trust and Safety, Fraud Prevention team, preferably at a cryptocurrency exchange, fintech or financial institution.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- A deep understanding of the prevalent types of financial and online fraud, including scams, carding, first party fraud, account takeovers etc.
- Strong team player, ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- A healthy balance of empathy and skepticism, and the ability to question ones own assumptions.
- Ability to think on the feet and maintain composure in difficult and complex situations.
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude; willingness to do whats necessary to ensure the safety of our customers.
- Ability to create and monitor operational metrics and provide insight to management on business performance.
- Familiarity with analytic tools like Looker and Tableau.
- This role may include on-call responsibilities during some nights and weekends.
- Working knowledge of digital assets and cryptocurrencies.
- Familiarity with database querying languages such as SQL.
- UK, Europe, India, and other region-specific fraud knowledge is a plus.
- Data Security
- People Management
- Risk Analysis
- Team Collaboration