Within Ripple, RippleXs mission is to inspire and enable developers and institutions to collectively build the Internet of Value, through contributions to open-source protocol development (e.g. the XRP Ledger) ecosystem partnerships.
As part of this mission, Ripple X is increasingly investing in Institutional DeFi, which is the application of blockchain technologies and protocols to tokenized financial assets, combined with appropriate regulatory and compliance guardrails. Institutional DeFi is poised for massive adoption by the financial services industry and Ripple is actively partnering with enterprises and institutions to develop solutions and use cases, leveraging on the XRPL Ledger and its native digital asset, XRP.
WHAT YOULL DO:
Institutional DeFi is critical to our mission of global financial equity and growth and we are looking for a dynamic and growth-oriented Senior Manager of Business Development to join the Ripple X teams to drive adoption of Institutional DeFi on the XRPL.
In this role, the candidate will work closely with our product, engineering, marketing and trading teams to identify and pursue new partnerships and business development opportunities.
- Co-Develop with cross functional teams and execute Ripple's business development strategy for Institutional DeFi
- Build a sustainable ecosystem and generate demand through identification of financial institutions, including institutional investors and other partners who are interested in investing in tokenized real world assets
- Identify and pursue new opportunities with financial institutions, crypto native companies, and other partners who are interested in tokenizing real-world assets and using DeFi protocols to transact with them
- Drive cryptocurrencies related ETFs initiatives with internal trading teams and relevant partners
- Work closely with the product, engineering, and sales teams to bring new products and services to market that enable institutional investors to participate in institutional DeFi in a safe and compliant way
- Manage and grow a portfolio of institutional DeFi accounts
- Represent Ripple at industry events and conferences
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 10+ years of experience in business development and sales with at least 5 years in the traditional financial services industry
- Relevant experience in either Institutional DeFi, blockchain technologies or fintech.
- Interest and strong understanding of the institutional DeFi market, in particular, in tokenized real world assets, adopters and the regulatory landscape
- Excellent relationship-building and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of success in developing first of a kind partnerships and complex deals
- A strong collaborator: An ability to work independently and as part of a cross functional team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
NY Annual Base Salary Range
$168,000 to $210,000 USD
- Business Development
- Communications Skills
- Negotiations Skills
- Team Collaboration