The Department: Service Fundamentals (Trust & Safety)
Trust & Safety at Gemini is a team dedicated to stopping bad actors, securing our users funds and ensuring the integrity of Geminis digital asset marketplace. We are a diverse group of technology and operational professionals who develop new approaches to solving classic problems using cutting edge tools and processes.
The Role: Fraud Associate
Geminis Trust & Safety team is looking for a fraud associate to contribute to Geminis efforts in preventing fraud. In this role, you will be responsible for investigating, responding to and ultimately preventing fraud on the Gemini platform, while ensuring our customers have a both secure and seamless experience. Gemini is looking for a passionate associate who will work directly with Gemini customers in order to investigate and resolve fraud and abuse. This includes assisting customers with scams, ATOs, onboarding issues, transaction errors, and timely account security escalations.
- Respond to risk-related customer issues of varying levels of complexity, primarily via email.
- Investigate and review suspicious customers activities, including at Onboarding, and escalate to appropriate teams when necessary.
- Identify trends and patterns in fraud activity and suggest rule and policy changes to assist with preventing fraud.
- Leverage expert business knowledge to identify process and strategy deficiencies, and provide recommendations for operational improvement.
- Prepare ad-hoc fraud reports regarding suspicious activity, incidents, and key measurements of the fraud program.
- Cross-functional collaboration.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders within Trust & Safety, Identity, Compliance, and Customer Support on fraud cases and to make operational improvements.
- Directly participate in and provide necessary support for special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- BA/BS in relevant field or commensurate years of experience.
- 3-4 years of financial Risk, Fraud, or Compliance Customer Support and investigations.
- Great verbal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to think on your feet and maintain composure in difficult and complex situations.
- Comfortable with making decisions in ambiguity.
- Roll-up-the-sleeves, no-task-is-too-small-attitude - willingness to do whats necessary to ensure the safety of our customers.
- A healthy balance of empathy and skepticism, and the ability to question ones own assumptions.
- This role may require an on-call rotation.
- Familiarity or experience with relational databases and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker etc.) is a huge plus.
- Familiarity with database querying languages such as SQL.
- UK, Europe, India, and other region-specific fraud knowledge is a plus.
It Pays to Work Here The compensation & benefits package for this role includes:
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Communications Skills
- IT support
- Risk Analysis