We are looking for a dynamic and collaborative individual to join our growing finance team at Metaco. The Finance Manager will be involved in all aspects of global operations and will support critical initiatives to facilitate the expansion of the companys financial infrastructure.
The successful candidate must be a driven, high energy, customer service focused individual that can work well with internal and external stakeholders at all levels. They will be expected to problem solve, recommend solutions and exercise good business judgment while performing their function.
We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. There will also be opportunities to contribute to projects that arise from the constant growth of the business.
To be successful in this role, you will be highly organized, detail oriented, and able to frequently assess and reorder priorities. You also possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and are able to learn new concepts quickly. Additionally, you should have a genuine interest in emerging payment technology and the blockchain industry.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Lead ledger close process with SME input (Fixed assets, R&D capitalization, revenue recognition), Accrual posting and reversals.
- Support Accounting, Financial Operations, Treasury and cross-functional teams for finance related matters and business needs
- Responsible for managing multiple Metaco entities for US GAAP and Local GAAP reporting including executing accounting processes related to month-end, quarter-end and year-end close including P&L, Balance Sheet, variance analysis and quarterly management reports
- Responsible for the delivery of processes for the preparation of Statutory Financial Statements and co-ordination of Statutory Audits
- Deliver finance transformation initiatives by working with the broader team in design, testing and roll-out of automations to finance systems/tools/processes to build for scale
- Localise new product initiatives for local reporting requirements and system setups
- Implement and standardize scalable processes for in region finance cycles including, but not limited to Financial Reporting/Month End Close, Intercompany, Treasury, and Financial Operations
- Work with external advisors to understand new laws and regulations globally and their impact on Metaco business and structure
- Provide day-to-day guidance, including period end close procedures, reporting packages, financial performance insights and other duties as necessary
- Define and implement scalable financial processes related to month-end and quarter-end close to provide highly reliable finance data output while designing and/or maintaining strong internal controls over finance processes
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in a related field such as accounting or finance.
- Professional accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Minimum 6-8 years experience in a similar role, ideally with a big 4 or in a Software provider business.
- Experience with ERP or accounting software.
- Solid knowledge of Swiss GAAP or IFRS or FRS 102
- Strong and effective, oral and written communication skills, across all levels.
- High levels of proficiency required in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Be proactive, innovative and motivated to achieve strategic business outcomes.
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulation.
- Excellent planning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- A passion for problem solving, adaptable, able to work autonomously and willing to be hands on.
- Ability to rapidly respond to changing priorities
- Fluent in English, fluent in French is ideal.
- Communications Skills
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Modeling