Join our Core Backend Engineering team and have the opportunity to contribute to the ongoing transformation of the digital assets industry at Kraken. Our team plays a crucial role in developing the backend that supports the exchange. As a member of the Core Backend Engineering team, you will have the chance to collaborate with highly skilled Rust Engineers from around the world. We are enthusiastic about open source projects and continuously strive to explore the potential of Rust. Our collaborative work environment allows us to stay ahead in the ever-changing crypto landscape. The team has successfully completed the rewrite of core services from PHP to Rust, resulting in improved performance and security of our platform. Currently, our focus is on enhancing our Onboarding experience. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute towards shaping the future of digital assets at Kraken.
Find out more about Core Backend Engineering in our blogpost!
This role is destined for candidates based in the Americas.
- Be responsible for managing, supporting, and mentoring a team of software engineers to ensure their growth and development
- Ensure strategic alignment within the team and across other engineering teams
- Promote cross functional work with teams such as Product, and Frontend
- Help the team with high-level technical decisions, and provide guidance on difficult design decisions
- Be hands-on and code in Rust to develop and optimize new services or features
Skills You Should HODL
- An advanced degree in computer science or engineering discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- 10+ years of software development experience, primarily focused on backend development.
- Experience with software architecture, designing APIs and event-driven systems.
- 3+ years leading engineering teams.
- 1+ years of experience managing remote teams.
- Looking to potentially grow into senior management roles.
- You are interested in cryptocurrency and open to the potential it has to positively transform our world.
- You are passionate about software engineering, improving processes, and driving change.
- You keep a close watch on modern technologies and can program in Rust.
$135,000 - $203,000 a year
This is the target annual salary range for this role. This range is not inclusive of other additional compensation elements, such as our Bonus program, Equity program, Wellness allowance, and other benefits [US Only] (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
The compensation range provided is influenced by various factors and represents the initial target range. Our salary offerings are dynamic and we strive to ensure that our base salary and total compensation package aligns and recognizes the top talent we aim to attract and retain. The compensation package of the successful candidate is based on various factors such as their skillset, experience, and job scope.
Location Tagging: #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we dont tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether thats based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
- Cloud Computing
- Compliance Knowledge
- Risk Analysis
- Software Engineering