Do you have a keen interest in blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, DeFi, or perhaps NFTs? If you are a Dev Manager aiming to join a cutting edge company, you should reach out ! Labrys is a blockchain technology company based in Brisbane that helps clients identify how they can utilise blockchain technology to their advantage across various use-cases and industries. Labrys conceptualises, designs, and builds entire systems and the web and mobile applications that support them. Job Description Our Web3 agency is seeking a talented Development Manager to lead our team of 19 engineers with different levels of expertise. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the success of projects, managing career progression and upskilling of our engineers, and allocating resources to relevant projects. This is a senior position that requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role. It is desirable that the ideal candidate understands the basics of Web3 and knows the Solidity programming language. Our company stack includes React, Next, TypeScript, Node, MongoDB, GCP, AWS, Solidity, and other tools like GitHub. The ideal candidate should understand DevOps best practices and know how to work under an agile framework.
- Lead and manage a team of 19 (and growing) engineers with different levels of expertise
- Ensure the success of projects by providing guidance, support, and oversight
- Manage career progression and upskilling of engineers
- Allocate resources to relevant projects based on skill sets and project requirements
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality products
- Stay up-to-date with the latest Web3 technologies and industry trends
- Continuously improve our development processes and workflows
- Promote a culture of excellence, collaboration, and continuous learning
About your professional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar development management role, leading product teams or agency models
- Knowledge of Web3 and Solidity programming language is desirable
- Understanding of front-end and back-end development technologies and best practices
- Experience with agile methodologies and project management tools such as JIRA or Trello
- Excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills
- demonstrated ability to analysis and implement and enhance internal processes
- Ability to motivate and inspire a team of engineers
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Certifications such as PMP, CSM, or CSPO are a plus (desirable)
About your professional ethics and People's skills
- Eager to dig deep when there is a need to resolve a tricky issue
- An empathetic communicator, when disagreeing, you communicate thoughtfully and compromise when needed
- Passion for working in a collaborative environment
- Can reason well about the trade-offs of different programming languages, frameworks, packages or techniques without being stubborn
- Care about the quality of code and the final product as well as the experience of other developers and the client
- Able to effectively manage your own time
- Able to create high performing teams
- Proactive, reliable and punctual
What's in for you
- Freedom to exploit your creativity in
- Work in an energetic environment at the forefront of cutting-edge technology
- A dynamic role with lots of client engagement where no two days are the same
- An amazing collaborative culture
- we believe in your time management, (No micromanagement!)
- We love to get social!
- Amazing facilities.
- Full time permanent role - Competitive salary!
If this sounds like the role for you, please complete the application form, attach your cv and a short cover letter addressing the criteria. In the meantime I wish you an amazing day and hope to review your application soon! Disclosure: currently we are not offering remote work or a hybrid work arrangement. All operations are conducted from our office in Fortitude Valley, Brisbane. If this changes we will happily communicate this trough our social media channels. If you would like to know more about the role or Labrys, please send us an email to email@example.com or get social with Giancarlo Pietropaolo (Gianca). He'll be more than happy to answer your questions. At Labrys we believe in an inclusive, healthy and diverse workplace. No matter where are you coming from, gender preference, race or belief, YOU ARE WELCOME TO APPLY!
- Software Engineering