CoinSwitch breaks down the complexities in Crypto, empowering the everyday Indian to make informed investment decisions on a simple and trusted platform. When we started up, Crypto was a field reserved for specialists. Today, over 18 million users trust CoinSwitch to learn, purchase and invest in Crypto. That makes us Indias largest crypto app. On CoinSwitch, users can invest in Crypto with a few simple taps, either as a one-time purchase or in regular intervals through an SIP. But simplicity is not a substitute for informed decisions. A CoinSwitch user spends 27 minutes on our appto learn about Crypto and Web3 through our educational content and understand the market sentiments through CRE8, the Crypto Rupee Index. But we are just getting started. CoinSwitch not only plans to double down on making Crypto accessible to everyone but is on track to become the one-stop wealth-tech destination for every Indian.
About the Role:CoinSwitch is looking for a seasoned writer to join our content team. They need to develop written content, in short, and long form, that balances what our audience wants while following our guidelines. They should also be able to write content that hits the sweet spot between educating our audience, engaging them, and keeping them returning for more of our content. The ideal candidate excels at researching, finding, and writing compelling content across disciplines of crypto, personal finance, mutual funds, stocks, and, generally, the future of money and turning that hook into an exceptional format for written media channels.
What You Will Do:
- Produce original, high-quality written content that meets the goals of the project while also maintaining the requirements and the brand standards of CoinSwitch
- Research and develop written content/stories/articles/explainers that align with the projects asks
- Help formulate the visual style for pieces, including data visualization and infographics
- Actively participate in creative brainstorms and reviews
- Minimum 2 years experience in digital content writing from an editorial background with a focus on finance/ personal wealth is a must
- Familiarity with written editorial styles, including blogs, short news/ explainer, and newsletters, a must
- Samples of long and short-format content created and published online
- Tangible proof that you can take a complex topic and break it down in the process simplifying its explanation
- Strong research, reporting, and interviewing experience (and, yes, you will have to call people)
- Obsession with keeping up with trends, consuming content, writing, and creating content is a must
- Visual thinking to tell stories through text and visuals and the ability to collaborate with the design team to create these content pieces
- Attention to detail, ethical sourcing, and ability to produce and edit clean copy
- Willingness to go beyond the regular ask and experiment with new projects in a dynamic environment
- An ability to write quickly in a high-pressure environment and juggle multiple, diverse projects at once
- Self-motivation, eagerness to explain, and the capability to collaborate with a team while also working independently
Life at CoinSwitch
We take great pride in what we do, and are committed to our mission. And we have a lot of fun while at it!
Heres how we do things at CoinSwitch:
- Customer-first: Thats the North Star. Everything we do is to make our users investment experience better and simplified.
- Ownership: We dont sport lab coats, but we experimenta lot. And we take ownership. We even have a catchphrase for this: Think big, fail fast, and build better.
- Data-driven: The source of truth. Simple as that.
- Fun: PS5, anyone? Or do you prefer Foosball? Or perhaps Carrom? And yes, our HR team has a whole list of activities: Disco nights, offsites, gift boxes, and more!
Speaking of lists, the perks and benefits are so extensive, this space isnt enough. Here are a few:
- Parenthood: Up to 8 months of Maternity leave and 1 month of Paternity leave
- Gender Reassignment Surgery: Be the best version of you! Well support you and reimburse your medical bill.
- Content Strategy