Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security , crypto education , and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro , Kraken NFT , and Kraken Futures .
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of Work
The Business Expansion (BE) function is Krakens inorganic growth engine, responsible for identifying and executing transactions that will accelerate the realization of our strategic vision. BE includes our Corporate Development, Business Development, and M&A Integration teams, who collectively work on M&A, joint ventures, partnerships, investments, and a range of other strategic initiatives.
As a Principal on our Business Expansion team, youll play a significant role in shaping and driving Krakens inorganic expansion efforts. The role requires someone with the rare combination of a strong analytical mindset, strategic acumen, expert-level storytelling skills, and the ability to grow and cultivate an expansive network across the crypto ecosystem. In other words, youre equally comfortable being deep in the weeds on a financial model as you are presenting to an executive team or mingling with CEOs at an industry conference. You also have a strong understanding of M&A and strategic partnership formation - gained either as a prior practitioner or through significant exposure to Corporate and Business Development teams. If this sounds like you, wed love to meet!
- Author segment theses and strategy memos to inform Krakens inorganic expansion strategy across Corporate Development, Business Development, and beyond
- Develop, maintain, and improve qualitative and quantitative frameworks to facilitate and drive the evaluation of expansion opportunities (e.g., build/buy/partner analysis)
- Facilitate strategic prioritization decisions based on a wide range of inputs and consultations with stakeholders across the business
- Serve as the principal liaison between the Business Expansion team and critical product and business stakeholders across the organization
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with companies in key market segments and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to support our M&A and strategic partnership efforts
- Be Krakens eyes and ears in the market, attending major industry events and expanding our network, ensuring we stay on top of all major developments and trends
Skills You Should HODL
- BA from a top-tier university; MBA a plus
- 12+ years of experience in venture capital, investment banking, consulting, corporate development, or strategy; product management experience is a bonus
- Deep crypto knowledge and an extensive network across the crypto ecosystem, including investors, early stage startups, and mature companies
- Exceptional analytical ability, attention to detail, and written / verbal communication skills an ability to write clear, compelling presentations and memos and develop sound financial models is a must
- Strong executive presence, with a demonstrated track record of presenting to company leadership and building sound narratives that drive efficient decision making
- Self-starter with the ability to originate, plan, and execute initiatives independently
$155,000 - $234,000 a year
This is the target annual salary range for this role. This range is not inclusive of other additional compensation elements, such as our Bonus program, Equity program, Wellness allowance, and other benefits [US Only] (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
The compensation range provided is influenced by various factors and represents the initial target range. Our salary offerings are dynamic and we strive to ensure that our base salary and total compensation package aligns and recognizes the top talent we aim to attract and retain. The compensation package of the successful candidate is based on various factors such as their skillset, experience, and job scope.
Location Tagging: #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we dont tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether thats based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
- Business Development
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Team Management