Business Development is the foundation of our sales organization, where new business opportunities come to life. Within the Business Development Representative (BDR) role, candidates will support Account Executives in revenue generation by both working inbound and outbound leads. Typical responsibilities will include qualifying leads, building strategic pipelines, developing deep account understandings, and working directly with Account Executives to execute pipeline generation campaigns. BDRs will consistently make a significant impact in the sales organization by generating millions of dollars of new business pipeline each year.
You will have the opportunity to work on a fast-paced team and interface directly with the business leaders of some of the worlds largest organizations. You will be asked to work with a high level of organization, process, and sales skills. BDRs will also have and develop a strong understanding of the crypto markets, of the largest players in those markets, and of the Messari Enterprise Platform.What you'll do
- Prospect into strategic business accounts via cold call, email, LinkedIn, and social strategies
- Drive sales growth and pipeline through setting up qualified meetings for Account Executives
- Qualify inbound leads and determine next steps in pipeline development
- Maintain and organize the qualification and outbound process within Salesforce
- Be a subject matter expert and evangelist of Messaris expansive list of industry solutions
- Produce creative strategies for targeting decision-makers at prospect accounts in order to book sales appointments and influence company revenue
- Bachelors degree in Business, Communication or a related field preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in a quota carrying position
- Experience with outreach such as cold calling and emailing
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Previous experience using CRM, data analytics, and marketing automation software is preferred
- Experience in SaaS software, cryptocurrency or FinTech is highly preferred
- Prior experience in sales or business development, specifically at a startup
- Prior work or personal experience within the crypto ecosystem (networks, social groups, or other structured interactions)
- Experience interacting with crypto protocols, exchanges, tradefi and hedge funds.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our offices in New York or San Francisco, the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home well assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,000 annually for you to invest in your continued education
- Business Development
- Communications Skills