Were looking to hire a highly motivated Account Executive to help scale Messaris Protocol Services business. This position will play a leading role in managing our pipeline of top clients from receiving a qualified lead through closing the deal. This will often entail working through decentralized governance managing many stakeholder relationships with core team members, investors, delegates, and community members.
This client-facing role will actively promote our services to top protocols and DAOs, and keep them informed on our existing and upcoming research, reporting, and data analysis services. They will also work cross-functionally with research and data science teams to help structure proposals and communicate our offerings to prospective clients. There will be opportunities to identify new target markets and develop strategic plans to tap into these emerging sectors.
The ideal candidate should have a strong interest and knowledge of the crypto industry with previous experience engaging with or following web3 communities via Discord or governance forums. Ultimately were looking for someone whos comfortable managing a large pipeline of clients and can move deals along the lifecycle.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Working with an existing pipeline to engage with prospects via a variety of channels
- Mapping client organizations and building relationships with multiple contacts focusing on decision-makers.
- Working with our Governance team to monitor grant programs and DAO forums to identify new opportunities and areas for collaboration
- Collaborate with the Messari research team to create and present proposals to potential clients.
- Participate in industry events and conferences to network and build brand awareness.
- Researching and becoming a subject matter expert on industry trends.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Strong interest (obsession) in the crypto industry, and desire to get involved both inside and outside of the office
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in sales or business development at a professional services, technology, or finance/fintech company. Crypto experience preferred.
- Proven history of working on high-value, complex deal structures in a highly competitive environment, ideally, you are a top 20% performer on your team
- Exceptionally personable and comfortable being the face of Messari on the phone, on video calls, and at industry events
- Self-starter who can take loose instruction and lead the process and deliverables from start to finish
- Collaborative and motivated mindset. Willingness to work in a fun, high-paced, team environment.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to articulate, present, and debate complex problems with all levels of management
- A team player but independent and self-motivated
Prior work or personal experience within the crypto ecosystem (networks, social groups, or other structured interactions)Experience interacting with crypto protocols
Base 100k with OTE 160k + Equity
- Business Development
- Communications Skills
- Team Collaboration