Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security , crypto education , and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro , Kraken NFT , and Kraken Futures .
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
- Join our growing regulatory legal team (16 professionals) working on matters such as advisory, licensing, regulatory inquiries and product set up - all to further Krakens mission.
- Plan and implement company-wide regulatory strategy for rapidly evolving regulatory landscape in the crypto industry
- Guide new product creation and regulatory acquisition strategy working with the product and strategy teams
- Work with prominent financial services regulators on cutting-edge regulatory issues
- Advise and consult with the business & control functions on their legal obligations under the EMRs, VASP regime and MICA
Skills You Should HODL
- EU qualified lawyer
- 10+ years of relevant experience applying financial regulations, whether at a top law firm, in house, at a financial regulator or at an EU body
- Mindset that is team-oriented, plus proactive and entrepreneurial: an opportunity-making person who uses the law to increase the companys optionality, not decrease it
- Interest in the crypto industry / what our company is offering to the world and why
Nice to haves
- Experience both in-house and at a law firm
- Experience at an EU regulator
Location Tagging - #EU #France #Germany #Netherlands #Spain #Ireland
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we dont tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether thats based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
- Communications Skills
- Financial Modeling
- Product Design
- Product Management
- Product Planning