10 Most Common Social Media Marketing Interview Questions
Despite its relative youth, social media has a strong hold on the marketing world. Starting from mere distraction and fun, social media is now integrated into an organization’s core marketing strategies, and the blockchain industry is no different.
Marketers are perpetually rethinking and redesigning marketing strategies to interact efficiently with the target audience and stay atop each social media platform. The responsibility for blockchain social media marketers becomes much heavier as they have to educate and engage the target audience as well as market the products.
Hiring managers for blockchain companies are very particular about the social media marketers they hire, as the performance of these individuals will directly impact the success of the company’s products and services. If you have applied for such a position, you need to leave the interview with a massive impact.
You may like: Importance of Social Media for Crypto Recruiters
To help you out, here is a list of the ten most common social media marketing interview questions and answers that will surely put you ahead of others.
10 Most Common Social Media Marketing Interview Questions
Let’s start from the most basic to the most advanced questions, ensuring you cover it all. While the wording may change, the basic answering technique remains the same; mastering it will help you achieve the desired results.
1. What is Social Media Marketing?
Any interviewer from the marketing industry will expect you to know the basic meaning of social media marketing. Here’s how you will answer:
Social media marketing is a practice consisting of the usage of social media platforms, such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and others, to promote services or products.
You may like: 6 Tips for Acing Your Web3 Job Interview
When done rightly, social media marketing aids in attaining attention, increasing sales and traffic, and adding to the product’s engagement. Most individuals and brands publish promising pictures of their products or services, post engaging content, and run social media campaigns for successful social media marketing.
2. What are the five pillars of social media marketing?
Another interesting yet seemingly tricky question is the pillars of social media marketing. Here, the interviewer is trying to interpret what basic principles you will be working on in the long run. Here’s your answer:
While there are several essential pillars of social media marketing, the five fundamental pillars comprise the following:
- Publishing and Planning
- Engagement and Feedback
If you have a concrete hold over these five principles, social media marketing becomes your forte, regardless of the type of service or product. Before putting any product out there, planning its marketing strategy and advertisement is essential. The brand must also be willing to consider the audience’s feedback and make relevant changes.
3. What is the impact of social media marketing?
Now, while this question may seem simple, it will test your extent of knowledge about social media marketing. In other words, the interviewer has asked what you bring to the table and how they can benefit from you, particularly.
According to research, a customer watches an advertisement attentively for a mere ten seconds; this means a brand has only a few seconds to make an impact. Since social media consumption is significantly higher relative to other marketing means, correct social media marketing can have a great impact on brands.
The goal is to reach the highest number of targeted customers and turn them into users. Moreover, existing customers should remain loyal to the brand by receiving different discounts and deals from time to time. Brands and individuals can also focus on solving any issues and answering queries for a more pleasant experience and, ultimately, a bigger impact.
4. What social media platforms should we use for our business?
The answer to this question primarily depends on the type of company you are interviewing for. For instance, if you are applying for a position in a blockchain company, the products you will market will be different. You could be marketing an e-wallet or a crypto-based game for a DeFi platform, among other things.
Therefore, it is necessary to prepare for this question prior to the interview and note down the social media platforms most relevant to the company. Other than the usual, common social media platforms include Telegram, X.com, social clout, audience, OptinMonster, Tweepi, Socedo, Discord, etc.
5. Why has social media become so popular?
There are several reasons why social media has gained so much popularity. The main purposes include:
- Connects family and friends
- Possibility of making new friends
- Offers content catering to each individual
- Keeps people updated worldwide about economics, politics, fashion, etc.
- Find new Web3 jobs and opportunities
- Helps kill boredom
6. How will you boost business-related posts, tweets, etc.?
There is a wide variety of ways this can be achieved:
- Find out what time your targeted audience is most active.
- Use trending songs, phrases, and hashtags and feature them in your posts for greater views.
- Reach out to bloggers, influencers, and other celebrities for cross-promotional activities.
- Use catchy lines and songs for your product; let it become a word of mouth.
- Ask questions or opinions and run polls. Have a team ready to answer and repost any posts your users make featuring your product or service.
- Actively participate in ongoing chats, mentioning your product. Give witty but respectful responses (nothing spreads faster than good humour).
- Post regularly and stay active to increase follower count and engagement.
- Come up with new ideas and strategies instead of mundane, repetitive content.
- Engage the audience with activities, such as challenges, asking them to make videos or reels with your product in return for a gift hamper or big discount.
7. How do you measure social media success or return on investment (ROI) of campaigns?
While an increasing number of followers may seem like success, engagement is what truly defines it. Note if you are actually moving closer to your goal: sales, profit, progressing number of clients, and more.
Monitor the number of online purchases, leads, content downloads, registrations, and sign-ups you have scored to get a genuine idea of your campaign’s success. Furthermore, the following metrics can help track efficiency:
- Likes and reactions to the post
- Follower growth
- Comments and replies
- Shares and saves
- Overall social traffic on the page or website
8. How do you plan to stay updated with the industry trends and other platforms for social media marketing?
Here, the interviewer is trying to assess your motivation for staying informed regarding the developments in social media marketing. They are keen to learn if you are open to exploring newer techniques and tools to improve strategies.
You can answer this with a neutral yet knowledgeable reply, telling the interviewer you attend relevant events regularly, read social media publications actively, have good relations with dominators of the blockchain world and follow trendsetters and influencers who make content related to your niche.
9. Can you tell us about a social media campaign that you initiated and navigated successfully?
In simple words, the interviewer wants to know your approach to planning and executing marketing strategies. Now is the time to show off your accomplishments and certifications. Answer this question while strategically mentioning your expertise in running social media campaigns.
You can talk about any campaign you have successfully completed previously. Share how your given goal of the said campaign was to increase brand awareness and boost sales. Discuss how you started with analysing similar popular products and their marketing strategies.
Next, you formed strategies centred around the target audience’s needs and interests, ensuring they got what they desired in the form of the product. Outline how you presented your given product as irreplaceable and showed users why it was better than the rest.
End the answer by telling how much of a difference you made with numbers. For instance, increasing sales and profits by up to 50% or an addition of 75% followers.
10. What skills does a social media manager require?
This is your opportunity to highlight your strengths and portray them as exactly what a social media manager needs. The interviewer expects you to list down a comprehensive set of skills and if you have them. An easy opportunity to win the interviewer over if played right!
Discuss your expertise in various fields, such as communications, strategic planning, customer service, and cost-effective marketing. Show them your excellent approach to setting goals and how your skills are exactly what the company’s social media manager needs to excel.