As an engineer on the Identity team, youll architect and solve complex problems that will directly influence the direction of the digital asset space. Theres a wide range of problems to solve at Gemini however, the Identity team focuses on enabling a seamless onboarding experience for our users while defending against imposters. We have a strong culture of code reviews, and a focus on security, with the end goal of writing and shipping high-quality code by getting things right the first time. We want to continue building the best product we can as we scale and grow our business. If you get excited about solving technical challenges that directly impact our customers, clients, and the rest of the Gemini team, wed love to hear from you.Responsibilities
- Lead the technical side of the planning, design, and requirements process for new products and features.
- Review fellow software engineers code for correctness, style, and information security concerns. Provide constructive feedback, guidance, and mentorship to more junior team members.
- Constantly look to improve the performance, maintainability, and operations of the Gemini codebase by via refactoring and upgrade projects.
- Drive operational excellence by improving the instrumentation, monitoring, and alerting of your teams production software.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to work closely across teams, time zones, and dependencies.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment, with a proven ability to influence others and make excellent business and technical decisions.
- Always keep our end customer in mind when making any decision.
- At least 8 years of software engineering experience.
- Advanced proficiency in Scala and functional programming paradigms.
- The ability to adapt and handle multiple competing priorities in collaboration with peers.
- A customer and product-focused mindset, with the ability to make well-reasoned tradeoffs between speed and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design and development of complex, innovative software solutions.
- Experience working with or being a power user of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and/or blockchain technology.
- Work experience or knowledge of the finance industry, payments, trading and/or exchange systems.
It Pays to Work HereThe Compensation & Benefits Package For This Role Includes
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Communications Skills
- Software Engineering