The Social Video Editor will be responsible for:
- Working with channel owners (Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, international teams) to edit social video content for distribution
- Edit multiple video formats including scripted and unscripted content from raw footage to final product in a way that is native to the intended platform
- Manage multiple projects on tight and shifting deadlines, as well as multiple feedback rounds with notes from social channel owners and outside teams
- Keeping up with latest platform video and cultural trends to ensure Etsy shows up authentically to each platform, including optimizing content for different platforms
- Maintaining the integrity of the Etsy brand, ensuring that our content is uplifting and inspiring to sellers and buyers alike, amplifying Etsy’s mission of keeping commerce human.
The Social Video Editor will demonstrate:
- 2+ years experience editing social media video for a large brand or publisher
- An innate knowledge of the ways in which social video content comes to life and how it is different from traditional video formats
- Deep knowledge of the social video landscape and social trends, possess a keen awareness of the difference between successful consumer and brand content
- Passion about supporting small businesses, creativity and craftsmanship and care deeply about building the Etsy brand for key audiences
- Understanding of in-platform editing and creation tools on social platforms like TikTok, Instagram, and YouTube.
To be successful in this role, the Social Video Editor, will:
- Work closely and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders across the organization, both inside and outside of the social media team.
- Able to balance multiple projects and priorities, while acting nimbly to support emerging trends and opportunities
- Work with Sr. Manager, Social Video Lead, to help scale video production across Etsy’s social media team.
- Social Media Management
- Video Editing