BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the worlds top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
The BitGo Design Team is responsible for the user experience of using our software. We're committed to creating a tight-knit team environment that fosters trust, integrity, empathy, and growth. We work together in realizing a shared product vision, and regularly give feedback and critique to each other. Product design at BitGo is a varied experience. On a given day, you might be: leading a design sprint for your product team; designing a micro-interaction to make a complex analytical task feel simple; and/or advocating for UX consistency by creating flexible, reusable UI components.
- Work closely with engineers and product managers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics for our products
- Work closely with fellow designers and engineers to develop and expand product's design system
- Sometimes work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables
- Focus on what you do best whether thats sketches, wireframes, prototypes, designs, or codeand youll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills youre looking to develop
- Research new software or design concepts
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements, as needed
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and engineering teams
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the design and company leadership
Skills & Experience
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use
- Keep pushing your work until all details are attended to
- Are persuasive and humble in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback to help you design at your best
- Are an expert in either UI, UX, or visual design, but skilled in more disciplines across product design
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until is pixel-perfect
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors
- Love working with other designers to help them learn and growand have them help you learn and grow
- Are passionate about BitGo's mission, are dedicated to a user-first mindset, and have experience working with data and insights
- Have 5+ years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company
When You Apply
If parts of your portfolio are password-protected, please include your portfolio password under 'Additional Information' when applying.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the worlds financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free commuter/parking pass; 5 min from Caltrain
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and youll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending upon your leveling and location, the compensation for this role averages between $130,000 - $160,000 USD base salary. Equity, an annual performance bonus and the benefits outlined below are also a part of this role's package.
- Product Design
- Product Management