You will be responsible for managing, securing, and scaling our cloud infrastructure in AWS and other services. You will also provide development support for various backend systems such as our CMS/API and coming ETL data pipeline. An effective DevOps Engineer should be able to effectively communicate with the team and develop solutions which deliver stable, secure infrastructure. The ideal candidate must be able to prioritize tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Maintain the stability and security of our production websites and systems
- Build CI/CD tools to support developer lifecycle
- Optimize infrastructure automation for development and staging environments
- Collaborate with our engineers to build and maintain infrastructure required for feature development
- Provide development support for CMS and other backend systems
- Clearly communicate development progress across the Product & Engineering team
- Be creative in solving engineering problems
- Contribute to the culture of quality, healthy collaboration and leading by example
- 7 or more years experience in DevOps or system administration
- Strong familiarity managing cloud infrastructure in AWS or other cloud provider (Azure, GCP)
- Strong familiarity with AWS infrastructure suite (ECS, Elasticache, RDS, ALB, EC2, IAM, Cloudsearch)
- Strong familiarity managing resources with IaC tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Strong familiarity with Cloudflare DNS/CDN/WAF management, and rate-limiting.
- Strong familiarity building and optimizing Docker images for size and build time
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, and logging via AWS tooling such as CloudWatch
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines such as Github Actions, Travis or Circle CI
- Experience with managing and tuning APM tools such as New Relic/ DataDog
- Strong familiarity with Unix / Linux operating systems and general command-line knowledge
- Responds positively when receiving and giving feedback
- Experience using code reviews and pair programming within the Agile Development lifecycle
- Ability to contribute to CMS development and other backend systems using PHP and/or Python
Nice to Have
- Industry-standard certifications in infrastructure and/or security.
- Interest in the digital asset industry.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite.
- Proficiency in scripting for system maintenance.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform and email service provider security.
- Empathetic approach to providing technical assistance.
$130,000 - $150,000 a year