As Product Owner at VALR, your primary responsibility is to create and drive the vision for new products and features. You will take ownership of the entire product development lifecycle, from conception to launch, ensuring alignment with business goals and customer needs in the fast-paced and dynamic world of cryptocurrency trading.
What will you be doing:
- Create and articulate a compelling vision for new products and features.
- Own the product development process from conception to launch, working iteratively with the engineering team.
- Effectively communicate with all levels of staff, including executive-level stakeholders.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, design, and business to develop and steer product roadmaps.
- Conduct in-depth research on markets, customers, competition, business, and products to guide decision-making.
- Write detailed product specifications, manage backlogs, and prioritise new features effectively.
- Identify and resolve inefficiencies in product management tools, processes, and workflows.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to understand technical limitations and make informed trade-off decisions.
- Conduct demos of new and upcoming product capabilities.
- Run user acceptance testing and sign-off on behalf of the business.
What we look for in you:
- Experience working with Layer 1 & Layer 2 blockchain protocols.
- Ability to understand & articulate and document complex nuances of various crypto protocol.
- Fully up-to-date on the current trends & developments in blockchain & crypto wallets space.
- Proven experience as a Product Owner in the cryptocurrency industry.
- Strong ability to articulate a clear vision and strategy for product development.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Expertise in managing product backlogs, writing specifications, and prioritizing features.
- Exceptional research skills and the ability to gather insights quickly.
- Cross-functional collaboration skills with engineering, design, and business teams.
- Problem-solving mindset and the ability to make informed trade-off decisions.
- A proactive approach to identifying and resolving inefficiencies in processes.
What can you expect from VALR:
- Competitive salary: Get paid well to work in an exciting industry.
- Leave: Compliance with statutory leave required by individual countries, in addition to flexible leave.
- Remote work: Work from wherever you like - Employees to ensure that there is secure, stable internet connectivity to effectively work remotely.
- Home office setup: Mac laptop and a discretionary allowance to buy all the extras needed to work happily from home - all of it yours to keep after 3 years. Terms and Conditions will apply.
- Learning fund: R16,000 per employee per year for anything that helps you upskill for work, in addition to scheduled VALR training.
- Performance bonus: When you contribute to VALRs success, youll be rewarded with discretionary bonuses.
- Regular get-togethers outside of work.
- Annual company retreats.
- Communications Skills
- Problem Solving
- Product Management
- Team Collaboration