Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, youll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Krakens focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security , crypto education , and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro , Kraken NFT , and Kraken Futures .
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of work
Join our Platform Accounting Team and become an integral part of a Company operating on the forefront of the crypto industry. The Platform Accounting team is responsible for financial accounting and reporting on a variety of products and transactions including fiat, digital assets, futures, margin, and other new company initiatives. We are also passionate about the widespread adoption of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology as a whole.
We are a diverse team that started at Public Accounting Firms and decided we wanted something exciting - and there's no better place than the future of financial technology.
The team embraces an environment of collaboration, constructive feedback, and adaptable work environments. We aim to be on the cutting edge of the cryptocurrency industry as the technology continues to adapt - and hope you can be the next member contributing to the future of Kraken.
The Platform Accounting Analyst will be an integral part of the Finance team. You will work closely with your Finance and Accounting leadership cohorts as well as business partners and other internal and external stakeholders. This role reports to the Platform Accounting Manager.
- Interface daily with internal systems and our proprietary exchange platform to assist with fiat and digital asset position reconciliations across our various banks and crypto wallets
- Promptly research and correct discrepancies and communicating actions to the appropriate stakeholders
- Reconcile a variety of products and transactions including fiat, digital assets, futures, margin, and other new company initiatives
- Independently manage and develop current reconciliation processes for greater efficiency and transparency and analyzing data against business drivers to identify issues and trends
- Communicate and facilitate break resolution between our OTC desks, Treasury, Developers, Data Scientists, and Finance, including making journal entries as necessary
- Maintain and review daily, monthly and yearly middle office reconciliations for financial and accounting issues and reporting
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Participate in ad hoc reporting requests
Skills You Should HODL
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or closely related field
- 2+ years of accounting/audit experience from the Big 4 or national accounting firms
- Knowledge of US GAAP and experience with SOX
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Microsoft Excel proficiency including pivot tables, H & V-Lookup
Nice to have
- CPA in good standing
- Industry experience in financial services, fintech, broker-dealer, banking, or exchange
- Experience or knowledge with cryptocurrency
- Experience and knowledge with SQL
- Experience with high volume transactions
- Experience using an ERP system such Netsuite or SAP
$59,000 - $87,000 a year
This is the target annual salary range for this role. This range is not inclusive of other additional compensation elements, such as our Bonus program, Equity program, Wellness allowance, and other benefits [US Only] (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
The compensation range provided is influenced by various factors and represents the initial target range. Our salary offerings are dynamic and we strive to ensure that our base salary and total compensation package aligns and recognizes the top talent we aim to attract and retain. The compensation package of the successful candidate is based on various factors such as their skillset, experience, and job scope.
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we dont tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether thats based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
- Communications Skills
- Crypto Payment Management
- Financial Analysis