We are seeking a Research Analyst with expertise in Chain infrastructure to join our Enterprise Research team. You will conduct thorough, sector-wide research and analysis to publish deep dives and shorter-form research reports that bring data-driven insights to our clients. Your reports will leverage Messaris qualitative and quantitative datasets. As part of this role, you will engage with investors, protocols, and other stakeholders in the crypto industry.This role is based out of our New York City office. Note that we will only review applications that have answered the questions at the bottom of this spec.
- Independently conduct thorough research and analysis, and translate findings into insightful research reports for our clients.
- Collaborate with the broader research team to form original theses about crypto and the infrastructure sector and use these as the backbone for your research reports.
- As a resident infrastructure expert, provide leadership and direction for the sector.
- Stay abreast of key developments in your sector with the ability to publish quick reports as needed.
- Engage on social media platforms (e.g., Twitter) and participate in industry events to represent our brand and build your personal brand.
- Crypto-native you know multiple infrastructure protocols such as L2s, base layers, and interoperability protocols inside-out, are familiar with major themes and technology, and generally have basic knowledge of 50-100 protocols.
- 1-2 years of experience working in crypto or 3+ years working as a research analyst.
- Strong communication skills, able to articulate your analysis and insights concisely and with clarity in plain English.
- Ability to synthesize a wide range of data and insights into a coherent framework that facilitates an in-depth understanding of a (new) sector, trend, or protocol / network.
- Resourceful, curious, and able to think critically and independently.
- Relentless attention to detail.
- Strong data skills and familiarity with crypto metrics and data sources.
- Team player with a willingness to collaborate and put Messari's mission above personal achievement.
- Salary Range: 110k - 120k Base + Competitive Equity
- Knowledge of SQL and Python to pull and manipulate data yourself (with speed)
- Experience conducting traditional or crypto valuation and analysis
- Attention to Detail
- Communications Skills
- Social Media Management
- Team Collaboration