What you will do:
- Manage the overall process of AML, KYC monitoring, fraud detection and risk management controls.
- Develop and implement appropriate risk-based KYC/AML policies and procedures.
- Setup and oversee the transaction monitoring to fulfill end to end reporting obligations.
- Conduct review on alerts generated for transaction monitoring or screening alerts in Sanctions, Adverse Media and Politically Exposed Persons.
- Work with the Product, Engineering and Data teams to constantly improve and evolve our systems, for example refining the transaction monitoring and AML rules to reduce false positives and catch more suspicious activities.
- Review suspicious account activities, analyze trends, and take measures to deter fraud.
- Experience in regulatory reporting of suspicious and fraudulent activities.
- Build and lead a team as per business need.
- Research emerging underwriting and fraud trends to innovate on decisioning systems and policies.
- Evaluating and where necessary, improving processes, in accordance with our policies, to ensure that we meet rigorous financial crime standards, whilst increasing efficiency where possible.
- Assure adherence to the guidelines set by the company and regulators especially around PMLA and FATF.
- Investigate suspicious activity, including all forms of funds and crypto transfers
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree in a Business, Finance, or Legal or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 6-7 years of experience in regulatory compliance with a specialization in KYC/AML and transaction monitoring.
- Expertise in regulatory guidelines around AML and KYC rules in India and regulatory reporting.
- Experience on building automated systems for transaction monitoring and fraud detection.
- Experience working with third-party data sources KYC providers etc.
- Strong compliance instincts and risk mitigation mindset.
- Passionate about fighting financial crime with great knowledge of financial crime risks.
- Highly data driven, comfortable in setting goals and KPIs, forecasting and planning.
- Strong attention to detail and communication (written and verbal), time management, analytical, and investigative skills.
- Knowledge of crypto and web3 would be required
Life at CoinSwitch
We take great pride in what we do, and are committed to our mission. And we have a lot of fun while at it!
Heres how we do things at CoinSwitch:
- Customer-first: Thats the North Star. Everything we do is to make our users investment experience better and simplified.
- Ownership: We dont sport lab coats, but we experimenta lot. And we take ownership. We even have a catchphrase for this: Think big, fail fast, and build better.
- Data-driven: The source of truth. Simple as that.
- Fun: PS5, anyone? Or do you prefer Foosball? Or perhaps Carrom? And yes, our HR team has a whole list of activities: Disco nights, offsites, gift boxes, and more!
Speaking of lists, the perks and benefits are so extensive, this space isnt enough. Here are a few:
- Parenthood: Up to 8 months of Maternity leave and 1 month of Paternity leave
- Gender Reassignment Surgery: Be the best version of you! Well support you and reimburse your medical bill.
- Attention to Detail
- Risk Analysis
- Team Management